*Please select your quantity in metres. For example, if you require 3 metres, select '3' from the quantity option.*
100% silk habotai in the bright, glossy orange of the persimmon, botanically dyed by hand at our studio with the flowers and plants from our flower farm. Habotai is a soft, glossy, medium weight silk with a slippery handle and a light, romantic, floaty quality.
Our botanically dyed silk ribbons are dyed with many botanical pigments, resulting in unique characteristics to each ribbon with slight discrepancies in the colour and a slight marbling effect especially in the darker shades. Botanical dyes are what is called 'living colour'; they are more subtle, dynamic, and complex than synthetic dyes. Each colour is entirely unique to the bio-region it was made and each ribbon in our collection is a one of a kind.
We endeavour to provide accurate images and descriptions of each colour but please be aware that the colour may vary slightly in different screen displays.
- Due to the handmade and hand dyed nature of these bespoke silk ribbons, they are provided ‘off the roll’. This means the maximum ribbon length in this colour is 1.5m. If you order 3m, it will come as two 1.5m lengths. There is a choice of two widths (1 inch and 2 inches)
- Each ribbon is provided on a wooden spool with a small ribbon tie in the same colour as your bespoke ribbon
- 100% silk
- Each ribbon is made by hand and has a frayed edge to ensure the softest finish
- The ribbon is colourfast in cold water, hand wash with a pH neutral soap and only if necessary
- Ribbons can be steamed, ironed or run through a straightening iron carefully and on a low temperature.
- Due to the frayed edge of the ribbon, there may be a few loose threads when you unravel it. Always cut loose threads rather than pull them.
- Healthy and happy workers - us!
- Sustainably sourced 'peace silk'
- Products sourced from suppliers who share our values
- Posted in reusable or compostable packaging
- No plastic
- No chemical dyes
- Natural and sustainable dye processes and materials
Please see our shop policy for details on delivery and returns.