A luxury set containing our favourite flower arranging tools; a treat for your lucky self or the flower lover in your life! The set contains our medium Niwaki kenzan, Naoshi kenzan cleaner, ceramic flower bowl, Niwaki x Sakagen flower scissors, and floristry apron.
An indispensable flower arranging tool and must-have for any sustainable florist's tool box. Use them for simple, light or single stem arrangements as well as for fuller designs with multiple stems. The brass pins are strong enough for holding woody foliage, flower stems and grasses in any position creating a natural, just-grown-up-and-out-of-the-vase look.
Naoshi Kenzan Cleaner
Cute little brass Naoshi for straightening and cleaning your Kenzans. An indispensible double ended tool for caring for your flower frogs, complete with a very Japanese bell.
Ceramic Flower Bowl
This signature flower bowl is designed by Days of Dahlia and handbuilt in Glasgow, giving each bowl a unique, natural and organic shape. A clean and simplistic design makes it versatile for any theme or style. The 'foot' upholds the bowl at the perfect height to elevate you arrangement allowing for all those romantic trailing tendrils and overflowing blooms.
Niwaki x Sakagen Flower Scissors
The best flower scissors you'll ever buy combining the traditional ikebana style form with ergonomic resin moulded handles and fluorine coated blades. Perfect for cut flowers and can easily handle a woody stem or two. Comfortable, strong, yet lightweight and perfect for accurate and deliberate cuts.
Waxed Cotton Half Apron
Handmade by us, this waxed cotton half apron wraps comfortably over your waist with two useful patch pockets at the front which are ideal for tools and trinkets. Perfect workwear for the garden, studio, kitchen, or workshop, this hardwearing yet wonderfully lightweight apron is made in a 100% waxed cotton outer and 100% cotton patterned lining. There are four colours to choose from: gold with a cross print ecru lining, olive with a floral print poplin, navy with a textured wave print cotton, and wine with an Indigo abstract print cotton.
- Kenzan is made in Japan of rust-proof brass with a rubber base and is 6.1cms in diameter
- Scissors are made in Japan of carbon steel and are 16.5cms in length
- Holster is made in Japan of leather and is 16.5cms in length
- Flower bowl is made in Glasgow of speckled stoneware and tin white glaze with a width of 13.5cms and height of 10cms
- Apron is handmade by us in our flower studio in 100% waxed cotton outer and 100% cotton ecru lining
- Kenzan: wash in lukewarm soapy water after each use and allow to fully dry before storing in original box
- Scissors: wipe blades clean after each use with a soft cloth dry cloth and keep free from moisture when not in use
- Holster: use a microfiber cloth to wipe any dirt from the surface and if you need to clean the leather, take a damp cloth and wipe it across a leather soap and lightly lather onto holster then buff with a dry cloth (don't rinse)
- Flower bowl: not dishwasher proof, clean with a soft cloth or sponge and warm soapy water
- Apron: wipe off dirt once dry with soft brush and treat with a little reproofing wax every year or so to keep it in tip top condition
- Don't overload the kenzan with too many stems
- Split the bottom of larger, woodier stems to stick them in easier
- Raise your arrangement up to eyelevel with a pile of books or upturned bucket
- Spin your vase as you arrange or use a 'lazy susan' to make sure your design looks great from all angles
- There are no rules but we like to layer foliage and woody stems first, focal flowers next, followed by delicate and textured flowers last
- Raid your garden or buy from your local flower grower
- Buy once and keep for life
- Products made by us or sourced from suppliers who share our values
- Posted in reusable or compostable packaging
- No plastic!
- No floral foam
Please see our shop policy for details on delivery and returns.