We love to loosely arrange our flowers in a footed vase with a kenzan. It gives our arrangements a lightness of touch, lack of uniformity and a perfectly imperfect, assymetrical shape. Create your own flower bowl arrangement with this beautiful, bespoke set complete with everything you need to create your own flower bowl arrangement including seasonal flowers from our cutting garden, MANIFESTO X DAYS OF DAHLIA limited edition flower bowl and Niwaki kenzan (medium).
Gift to the flower lover in your life or give yourself the ultimate treat. Slow down, breathe deeply, find your creativity, smell the flowers, and have fun!
- 30 stems of fresh flowers from the Days of Dahlia cutting garden
- Limited edition flower bowl by Glasgow ceramicist MANIFESTO
- Niwaki medium kenzan (6.1 cm)
- Scissors pictured not included
- Clean the bowl with a soft cloth and warm soapy water
- Wash your kenzan in lukewarm soapy water after each use and allow to fully dry before storing
Cut your flower stems at an angle with a sharp pair of scissors or secateurs and place in a clean vase of water for a few hours before arranging to allow them to rehydrate
Keep your finished arrangement somewhere as cool as possible, out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources and fruit
- Don't overload the kenzan with too many stems
- Split the bottom of larger, woodier stems to stick into the pins easier
- Raise your arrangement up to eyelevel with a pile of books or upturned bucket
- Spin your vase as you arrange or use a 'lazy susan' so that you create dimension and balance
- There are no rules but we like to layer foliage and woody stems first, focal flowers next, followed by delicate and textured flowers last
- Replenish your design again and gain by raiding your garden or buy from your local flower grower
- Flowers naturally grown by us on our farm in South Lanarkshire
- No chemicals or pesticides
- Happy & safe workers - us!
- Happy bees and butterflies
- Shipped in compostable packaging
- Compostable flowers
- Low impact